Saturday, September 8, 2012

Softlips Products Review

 

Recently I was lucky enough to receive their Watermelon flavor from Softlips to try out and review!! I also wanted to throw in a couple other products that I think are absolutely noteworthy in the Softlips line, which are the Pure line Pomegranate flavor and the Softlips Pearl Gloss. THANK YOU, SOFTLIPS!


The Watermelon flavor is pure awesome-ness. Let me start by saying that this is a fan-picked flavor, meaning that we all voted, and Softlips made it for us! I think it is just a seasonal flavor, but it's good enough to be made an all-time flavor, in my opinion.

When you open it up, the smell is divine. Just like watermelons in summer. Then you put it on your lips and notice that it still has the signature under-minty taste, but that the force is strong with watermelon. It's delicious! Perfect for summer. It is moisturizing and smoothing, and has such a nice soft texture! I've been using Softlips lip balms since I was about 6 or 7 years old, and they have always been so amazing. It gives you a little bit of a soft sheen, too, so your lips look only the slightest bit moist :) Easy and fun to apply, cute packaging, and just a really nice, subtle flavor, but good smell of watermelon!

Next we have the Pure Pomegranate, and the fun thing about this one is it comes from Softlips's "Pure" line of lip balms that are made with only natural and organic ingredients! I love this one! It doesn't have the signature under-minty taste, and it is so smooth and delicious. This one is a bit thicker than the original formula, which is fantastic in my opinion. I love both! In fact, I might even say that I like the Pure a little better! It's really quite soothing and wonderful. If you use lip balm all the time, I would absolutely recommend this one, because it lasts a little longer and is a little thicker and feels really good! And obviously I love that it's all natural and organic:) I even love the packaging!

And finally we have the Pearl gloss! This is a new item, and they also came out with a Coral color, but I have yet to test that one out! The Pearl gloss is really nice because it's a soft sheer pink, it's not sticky at all, and leaves a nice (not TOO glossy) gloss on your lips. It is also moisturizing and protecting, with an SPF of 10. I am going to be using this a lot now that fall/winter are quickly coming on! (I'll also be using the balms a lot, but I do that anyway lol). This lovely gloss also smells like vanilla cupcakes :) A really nice gloss and the price is absolutely right! They have really affordable lip care, guys, this stuff is amazing and affordable!!


My story with Softlips:
When I was really young, I went about once a month to visit my aunt in Houston (from Austin). And we'd go shopping, watch movies, and hang out. She ALWAYS had at least a couple of Softlips tubes on hand, and Softlips was my VERY FIRST lip "gloss" (as she called it). So I started using Softlips at a young age and never lost my love for it! It really is perfect as a little girls first "makeup". I continued to use Softlips ever since!!! So I always think about my Aunt Ann when I use them :)


If you want to contact Softlips, or learn more about them, go here!:

Their Website

Their Facebook

AND I am a total NOOB at this, but here's a quick video of how they go!
Please be gentle :)
























No comments:

Post a Comment